The kumo cloud app is compatible with both Mitsubishi Electric residential and commercial systems – including the latest CITY MULTI®, M- and P-Series indoor units. A wireless interface is required for each indoor unit. The setup requires Internet access and connection to a wireless router.
“The update provides commercial applications the same remote control capabilities released last year to the residential market,” says Charles Miltiades, senior manager, controls product planning and solutions, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Cooling & Heating Division. “The platform expansion allows us to create a seamless connectivity experience for multiple users – homeowners and building owners, alike.”
The kumo cloud app allows professional installers to set up the system in just a few simple steps – install the Wireless Interface, download and set up the app, and transfer ownership to the user. The interface has the ability to:
- Set and control multiple locations and indoor units, grouping them into one or several zones
- Program cooling and heating schedules
- Set fan speed and vent direction
- Monitor errors in the system and connect customers with the installer for support
- Filter change alerts based on a preset recommendation (e.g., every three months)
- Easily transfer ownership upon completion of set up or in the event of a move
The kumo cloud app is available via app stores or at kumocloud.com.